Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Instalment number two: 04 February 2010

Still in the preparatory stage - not liking the ship chandleries in Hobart or Telstra. However I will get over these dislikes no doubt, once the pilot hits the noise button when we are on the runway of Hobart’s airport.

I would like to say at this early stage I am excited at the prospect of discovering treasure on some small island in the middle of nowhere. Treasure you say …. I will have you know that treasure has uncanny knack of arriving in my hands. I have located a number of items worthy of the tag treasure my first discovery was located while scuba diving deep in a murky kelp forest ‘Tomb Raider’ style. I unearthed a very early beer bottle sounds mundane? It was in fact a stoneware bottle luckily the glazed label was still decipherable enabling the identification of the bottle as a Cascade Brewery’s Dandelion Ale bottle. I presented with the bottle to the Cascade Brewery museum to have it dated only to be told that it was so old that they didn’t keep records! Some research has suggested that it dates back to the early 1820s. So the discovery of treasure is not out of the question watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment